One couples relationship will be very different from another and that is exactly how ceremonies should be – as individual as you are, reflecting everything that is unique about the two of you.
My job is to tell a story, the story of what has brought you both to this wonderful occasion as a loving couple. Your wedding day involves a lot of organising and the part of the ceremony itself is a key factor to the success of the day so don't leave it to chance. Together we can create a beautifully personal experience that is exactly as you want it, however that may be.
I offer a variety of options, starting at just $450, that ensure that I can offer the very best ceremony for you and your partner as you prepare for your big day.
I take my inspiration from you - our meetings, the questionnaire answers you have each given me (I may even chat to two or three of your friends for their side of the story) and from your expectations of what you want your wedding ceremony to be - that is my starting point. From there we co-create the ceremony until it's absolutely perfect for you.
This process can be a fulfilling and fun time but can also be quite time consuming, so although you may wish to do some or all of this yourselves, I usually write the ceremony based on your input utilising my professional training, which I then give to you so that you can both go over everything and make any changes with me if applicable.
I will be on hand as required and am happy to chat or email as many times as you need in the lead up to your wedding day. On average I work around 15+ hours on each wedding and my fee is reflective of the care, time and effort that goes into making your day something beautiful and unique for you.
I am also happy to work within tighter budgets, so if you are getting married on a weekday, are planning just a small garden gathering or you only want a quick no fuss option for example, let's get together for a chat and we can go from there.
Please remember that as with everything in life you get what you pay for – a professional service warrants a professional fee so please don't let money be your only consideration. Years of experience in event management means that I am able to facilitate a wonderful occasion that you and your guests will remember for years to come – for all the right reasons!
I can provide a wealth of resources and things to consider for the big day relieving you of all of the stress when planning your dream wedding.
As a marriage celebrant it is my responsibility to...
- Explain and prepare all of the legal side of things, including lodging the Notice of Intention to Marry and other related documents
- Assist you in writing the perfect ceremony, and offer you lots of options that you may want to include, such as a selection of rituals, readings and music choices
- Provide choreography for the day (if desired) with an included rehearsal so everyone can feel relaxed and 100% ready for the real thing
- Coordinate with any photographers, videographers and musicians on the day
- Ensure I am at the venue an hour before the ceremony to make final checks on things like seating and sun location as well as being on hand to calm nerves and to act as a welcome committee to the bridal party
- Be on hand to answer any questions or queries that may arise prior to the ceremony or about the wedding process itself
- Manage music choices during the ceremony using my state of the art PA system which includes cordless microphones for ease of use and to ensure that everyone present can hear everything that is being said
- Liaise with other providers at the wedding such as photographers, videographers and even venue managers to ensure everything runs exactly as it should
- Establish that my personal attire will be in keeping with the dignity of the occasion
Thoughout my professional career I have had to communicate to groups of all sizes, ranging from over 1000 people to an intimate handful and as a consequence I am a confident, clear and concise orator, whilst remaining professional at all times meaning there are no unexpected suprises for you at any time.
I offer a free first consultation which gives you get the chance to meet me, discuss your ideas and for me to answer any questions you may have. If you then decide to book me as your celebrant, we will organise our first official meeting, fill in the Notice of Intended Marriage form and that officially gets our journey underway – all very exciting!
The Notice of Intention to Marry form must be filled in and submitted not less than one calender month from the date of your wedding and no more than eighteen months in advance of your proposed wedding day. All of the legal paperwork from the day is submitted by myself and is fully covered by your fee. Chat to me for information about obtaining your official marriage certificate after your wedding day.